How it Began
When Thomas Sneed Byrne announced the opening of his construction company in a small Fort Worth office 94 years ago, he wrote personal notes to each of his longtime friends and associates, promising that if given a construction job, he would surpass their expectations; a promise that guides Byrne Construction Services to this day.
Mr. Byrne’s small company completed its first milestone project in 1928 with Montgomery Ward’s Regional Headquarters. Byrne would go on to perform every major renovation and expansion in its history culminating with today’s Montgomery Plaza development and private residences. After weathering the Great Depression, Byrne continued to grow completing projects for Texas Christian University, American Airlines, Ben E. Keith, and the Amon G. Carter Foundation. During World War II, Byrne partnered with other local area construction companies to build large aviation production facilities for the United States Government to assist with the war effort.